Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Garden Time!

We finally got the garden started! Its not much to look at now, but hopefully come summer it will be looking pretty good! We do square foot gardening on our tiny postage stamp. My crafty hubby made our garden on wheels, so we can wheel it around to get the best sun (and no dead grass!). On one end hubby built a structure of netting for climbing plants. I planted cucumbers (2 per square foot), and plan on planting tomatoes (1 per square foot) and sugar snap peas (8 per square foot) on that end. I also planted cabbages (1/sf), lettuce (4/sf) and pepper (1/sf) and plan to get tomatoes, more peppers and my herbs from the farmers market tomorrow. I also have 6 boxes hanging off my porch for herbs, so far we have basil planted and my chives lasted the winter, I plan to get parsley, oregano and mint and not sure what else tomorrow!

I also have 5 container pots to plant, I'm thinking about spinach, onion, bush beans, zucchini, and a melon for those. I also did a little wild flower patch in the ground for L, but it was pretty much like clay, so we'll see how that does. I also put one of my zucchini plants in the ground near that. 

Here is our garden with the seedlings we started inside. I can't wait to get more from the farmers market tomorrow!


You can see the netting structure for the vining plants to crawl up!

No comments:

Post a Comment